Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day One: February 15, 2012


In less than one month, on March 9, I will be presenting my portfolio to a panel of judges. These portfolio reviewers are professionals in the public relations field in the state of Oregon and they will be judging my portfolio, and its contents, and my presentation of the contents.

Portfolio reviews serve students at the University of Oregon to help create strong presentation skills that will help for real interviews in life. Many students are taught how to create content and be good writers but less instructed on how to deal with presenting work skills to employers and this allows the opportunity for just that.

I have already gotten a head start on my portfolio as I have created an online portfolio already. The online portfolio seems the easiest part to do because you create a website include your content, choose a layout and you are done. Of course you can add aesthetically pleasing content to the site, which helps. But now I am facing the true difficulty; creating a hard copy portfolio.

I believe myself to be very artistic but when it comes to creating things physically they never turn out the way they do in my mind. Especially paper; it never agrees with me. Right now I am in the process of choosing my pieces to present and all the parts that go with it including the graphics, word bubbles (if I choose to put them in) and the paper behind the articles, which is important.

Stay tuned for tips on choosing pieces to present and how to build the layout for the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment